2. Who is responsible for your personal information?
GANT AB/GANT Holding AB/GANT Sweden AB, corporate identity number 556276-7995/556747-3581/556297-7735 (also referred to as "we", "us" and "our"), at Tullvaktsvägen 9, 115 56 Stockholm, is responsible for the processing of your personal data (controller).
3. Personal data we process about you
3.1 Personal data that you have provided to us
You will provide us with some information about yourself when applying for a job at GANT, signing contract with us and when integrating with us in any other way (for example via our HR department). You may also provide us with information for other reasons. Example of such information is:
- Personal identification number
- Contact information (such as email address, phone number & address)
- CV & Personal letter
- Unstructured data gained when applying to the position/at the interview
We also collect information when you apply for a job within GANT. GANT processes information about relevant for the recruitment process, your previous employments and references from previous employers.
4. Legal basis for processing your personal data
GANT bases the processing of your personal data on a number of legal basis. These are described in this section and more detailed under section 10.
- Most of the processing of personal data that is gathered during a recruitment we carry out is based on a legitimate interest.
- In some cases, GANT may have a legal obligation to process your personal information. This applies, for example, for appealing against any decisions made during your recruitment process and according to the Discrimination Act.
Please note: If you do not submit your personal information to us, we will not be able to fulfill our agreement or fulfill our commitments in relation to you.
5. Who can access your personal data?
Your personal data is for some purposes shared with parties who process personal data on our behalf, so-called processors. We will provide your personal information to the following;
- Suppliers of IT systems and its subsuppliers in development and support. These companies provide services, technical solutions and platforms for GANT.
We also transfer your personal data to independent controllers:
- Other companies within the GANT group. Since GANT is an international company, some of your personal data is disclosed to companies in the GANT Group which operate in other countries such as Sweden, Germany, UK, France, Benelux and Switzerland;
6. Transfer of personal data to third countries
We always strive to process your data within the EU / EEA. However, the data may in some situations be transferred to, and processed in, non-EU / EEA countries by a company within the GANT group or by another supplier or subcontractor. As GANT is determined to always protect your data, GANT will take all reasonable legal, technical and organizational measures to ensure that your data is handled securely and with an adequate level of protection comparable to and at the same level as the protection offered in EU / EEA.
7. For how long is your personal data retained?
We will never process your personal data for a longer period than permitted by applicable law, regulation, practice or government decision. For example, data may be stored longer if required by the Discrimination Act.
For further information, see section 10.
8. Your rights
In accordance with current data protection laws, you have the right to access information about what personal data we are processing about you and the right to request a correction of your personal information.
You have the right to rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
Under certain conditions, for example if the processing is no longer necessary for the stated purposes or if you withdraw your consent, you have the right to request that we erase your personal data. In some cases, you also have the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data.
You also have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the personal data that relates to you, as provided to us, in a structured, widely used and machine-readable format and may transfer them to another controller.
You are entitled to revoke all or part of a given consent for processing personal data at any time with effect from the date of withdrawal, unless further processing is required by law.
All communication and all actions taken by GANT in connection with your rights are provided free of charge. GANT reserves the right, in the case of clearly unfounded or unreasonable requests, to either make a reasonable fee covering the administrative costs of providing the information or taking the requested action or refusing to respond to the request.
If you have any complaints regarding our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Swedish Data Inspection Authority or other competent supervisory authority that supervises GANT’s handling of personal data.
9. Contact information
If you want to execute your rights or contact us regarding processing of your personal data, you can do so by contacting GANT on email@example.com.
This information about the treatment of personal data was determined by GANT AB/GANT Holding AB/GANT Sweden AB on the 10 April 2018.
10. Summary over the data we process about you, why and for how long
Personal identification number
Contact information (such as email address, phone number & address)
CV & Personal letter
References from previous employers
Unstructured data gained when applying to the position/at the interview
Purpose, legal basis and retention period:
We must handle all information until the position has been filled to be able to evaluate recruits and appoint a person to a role at GANT. This is based on legitimate interest and is necessary to meet our and your legitimate interest in appointing a person to a role at GANT.
We also store some information so that you can appeal against decisions made during your recruitment process. This is based on the legal obligation of the Discrimination Act and is therefore stored for two years after the position has been filled.